Monday, April 25, 2011

Appointments

Today is the kid's doctor appointment to get a letter stating they are healthy.  David had his, mine is Friday.  The Home Study is approaching sooooo quickly.  Gratefully, the reference letters are starting to roll in.  My employers were very quick and compliant with the verification letters.  David's job finally got around to it, but neglected to get it notarized.....

We had a nice weekend with family.  My little sis turned 5, yup you read that right :)  It was the first time I had been back to the house since my dad passed away in February.  It was definetely rough.  Along with family came "opinions" of our decision to give our little boy without a family a home.  Luckily, others were present to remind those "opinions" that we had thought this through.  I am amazed at how many times I hear the same "well this and well you do realize"  Yes, we realize! I know they just love us and are trying to "protect" us.  It's still fustrating.  I'm sure some of you who have been through this journey understand all too well.

Tonight we will be making deviled eggs out of all the Easter eggs.  I avoid egg salad and the like most of the year since at Easter, there's always plenty to follow.

We keep thinking about our boy.  I hope he knows somewhere in his heart the mommy and daddy are coming.  I can't wait to be there for him when he needs a hug.  It's so sad to think about him and all the other kids not having so many of the things we take for granted.

Keep praying for our journey.  Pray our rental house sells!  That would lift such a weight off our shoulders. That being sad, anyone want to buy a cute 2 bedroom ranch with a HUGE yard?  Worth a shot right :)

Thanks again everyone who is praying for us and those who have financially contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment