Thursday, September 29, 2011

A mother's birthday wish

Yes today is my birthday.  There has been a wonderful out pouring of facebook happy birthday messages today. My husbands is in 7 days, but he will be older than me hee hee.

It is difficult to be very happy today.  I have loads and loads of reasons to be grateful and I am indeed.  However, when we first committed to Jeremy it seemed that by the time our birthdays rolled around we would be traveling to get him.  I had it in my head that on my birthday I'd be hugging him for the first time. 

There is a drawing in my head I wish I could put to paper.  It's a desperate person in an arena battered and torn running around gathering supplies which are little bags with a $ on them.  In the foreground is a large section of people cheering the battered person on.  Their scale in size is nothing in comparison to the few huge vultures that are eyeing the contender.  Written across the chest of the vultures is the word failure. This makes me think of David writing Psalms 23.

See the reason I try to pass on that picture is we know the vultures that are just waiting on the side lines, just waiting for us to fail.  If you are one of those vultures and are reading this, why do you bother.  Why and how are you getting pleasure in your scrutiny? Realize we aren't really truly talking about money here, we are talking about the life of a little boy and his future.

Then I stand back and cry out in a rebuking prayer to rid my soul of the burden of the evil entities.  He can deliver us from all.  Then, I open my heart to allow the peace of God perfect timing fill my raw spirit.  In my spirit and objectively I know this journey isn't in our hands.  The human fleshly side wants to lash out in anger at those who seem to find pleasure in our dire circumstances, but alas

"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." Psalms 55:22 NIV

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

So as a birthday wish, I not only ask you to donate to the tax deductible grant every dollar counts, but to please share our blog on whatever social media you use.  Also, please in you passing tell people not only about us, but the many other Reece's Rainbow families.  My heart tells me there's people out there who can and want to help, we just need to find them.

Thank you!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment